Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Awesome Bridal Headpieces

Headpiece by Artikal

I was never a fan of bridal headgear.  I thought blushers were sort of, well, passe. I thought a nice simple single layer finger tip veil was the way to go.  After all, how can the bride shine if there is a giant birdcage on her head? My opinion has since changed now that I have discovered the fabulous world of couture bridal millinery. These stunning couture pieces from Artikal can do nothing but add an overture of drama and elegance to any bride's final look.  Not to mention they custom craft a piece of head-art for about the same price as you'd find a run of the mill veil at your local shop.  I can not say enough.  I am in LOVE with her work!
 



Finding really interesting, yet not over the top (think: a wedding at the Kentucky Derby) is actually quite difficult.  But several months ago I came across Bethany Lorelle on Etsy and as far as I am concerned, it is one stop shopping for wedding headpieces for the whole bridal party.

Something so simple yet beautiful can make a ho-hum bridesmaid dress seem just a little bit more fabulous.  Go ahead and save your money. Forgo the Jim Hjelm dresses and get something affordable that you can doll up with accessories like this gorgeous hair candy from Bethany Lorelle.


I love this peacock and crystal headband from Sweet Grass Mill on Etsy.  Perfect for a navy wedding... what a way to add a bit of the unexpected and to make your girls feel truly special!


All I can say is " oooh oooh ooh!" LOVE IT!

I love this on a bride with a black and white wedding gown.  What a fabulously unexpected accessory to add just the right amount of drama and sexiness.

Bottomline: Don't be afraid to add a little fabulousness with a headpiece that may seem a bit out of character.  The rhinestone tiara will always be there if you chicken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment