Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Splendor

With the flu shot drought in the Indianapolis area worsening, I drove 60 miles out into the boonies to finally set my mind at ease by making sure my munchkin is protected, at least against the seasonal flu.  And although the three hours lost could have been a real pain, I was able to enjoy perhaps the most beautiful fall foliage I have ever seen.  The trees were absolutely breathtaking--bright bursts of yellow, golden rod and red.  I would so love to be a bride this weekend, exchanging vows under a canopy of nature's beauty.  We often don't take the time to notice (I feel like it has been years since I have really notice the leaves changing).  I encourage you all to take a breath and look around.  It is a truly spectacular time.  And for those who don't get much tree color changing action in their neck of the woods, check out the best fall floiage webcams on About.com (http://forestry.about.com/od/fallcolor/a/fall_web_cams.htm) The national forestry has cameras all over the country and pics are updated, so you can enjoy the changes in the leaves in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment