Monday, June 28, 2010

Make a Statement with a Handmade or Vintage Handbag...

Unique Wedding Handbags


After the last two months of frantic work and late nights, I finally have a couple days to relax before the next big cluster of designs are scheduled for production.  And as I am not working with my hands right now I thought I would showcase some other people's labor of love, in the form of the finest handmade wedding handbags I could find.  Of course the first is a gorgeous creation done by couture invitation designer, Sherri Weese.  And she never disappoints.  "This original design features a stunning ivory pleated satin clutch with exquisite beaded trim around the top, 2 generous layers of delicate natural white swan feathers, a 1" band of shimmering sequin trim - wrapped around the entire bag. An elegant ivory silk and velvet rose provides a the perfect finishing touch of romance" (from her new etsy shop).  Gorgeous!


I am a huge lover of vintage evening bags. My grandma is a collector of all things antique, so when I was a little girl we would all receive vintage handbags and jewelry for christmas.  You couldn't feel more girly with a fab beaded bag and little vintage gloves.  I found this fabulous one-of-a-kind vintage 1940's handbag from Hilda's Handbags.  She has a fabulous collection of beaded, hardcase, and designer clutches and bags at unbelievable prices. 

Another fabulous vintage find is this 1940-1950's satin clutch that has been intricately embroidered with silver thread. At under $50, this bag makes a big statement without a hefty price tag.  Check out the  fabulous collection of vintage purses and handbags at Mademoiselle White's etsy shop. 



This gorgeous black and white sead bead bag is named "Diamonds are Forever".  What is truly unique is that this is a DIY handbag.  That's right, you order the pattern and construct it yourself.  Talk about an accomplishment.  I am tempted to give it a whirl myself.  Order your patterns from the Bead Lady.



I am a big fan of clear lucite clutches from the 40's and 50's... they are just so remniscent of Cinderella's glass slippers.  This is a perfect example of mid-century craftsmanship and style. A clamshell clutch embellished with Austrian crystals... simple, yet so romantic. Love! Sift through the one-of-a-kind vintage finds at the Atlanta Vintage Gallery to find your perfect piece of fashionable history.  

~ Happy Weddings ~

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment